feeling the heat.

I am a hot tea drinker.
I love the art of hot tea probably as much as I like the taste.
Experiencing high tea is one of the greatest treats for me.
The tea leaves submerge into scalding hot water.
They partner.
Together character is developed.
Leaves give up their individual essence to create something to be savored. But there is critical timing involved to generate the perfect cup and perhaps slight pain on the part of the leaves as they are stripped of their zest.
Right now I feel like sunken tea leaves and God is the searing water. There is something a brew.
“Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.”  Isaiah 64:8
The pushes, pulls, challenges, and risk taking going on right now has provided some unexpected pressure. It hurts a little. But I look forward to delighting in the flavor that emerges.

What is the heat of God stirring in you?  

Jodie (March 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM)  

Carey,

I've recently become a green tea drinker and now look forward to my morning cup (smiles)!

I love reading your blog, your very inspirational! I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award.

Check out my blog for details.

Warm Wishes,
Jodie

www.lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks