cookies & milk


cookies + milk baby shower. 

the invitation from Etsy
classic chocolate cookies displayed an
old fashioned egg crate for added height.
 
who doesn't love rice crispy treats on a stick?
adorned with a fabric ribbon.
 
                                  
bottles I happened upon at TJ Maxx clearance.
$2.00 each. tags from Hobby Lobby.
 




I made the board with a 4x4 piece of ply-wood that I padded with batting, covered in burlap, coordinating fabric and ribbon. 
I love the idea of changing out the fabric for various parties.
tissue paper poms hang from the side.

the banner was printer on my home computer. 
                          
this might possible be my favorite part.
An old mixer swiped from my mother in-laws garage and
filled with baby's breath. 

another peak at the mixer. 

old fashion cookie cutters hung from the dining room chandelier. 

mason jars filled with baby's breath. 

Guests wrote blessings for Holly & Olivia

a happy me!
* photos by me & ginger morby





Jenilee (July 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM)  

so cute!!! we are going to have a shower for my sister soon too... great ideas!

Mommy2Four (July 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM)  

What a beautiful shower! Thanks for sharing it!

Julie From Inmates (July 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM)  

I could use one or two or ten of those right now. Everything looks fabulous! Love the milk bottles. =)

inadvertent farmer (July 13, 2010 at 7:13 AM)  

Yes life is good with a Crispy Treat on a stick! Kim

inadvertent farmer (July 13, 2010 at 7:13 AM)  

Oh and...the decorations are just lovely! Kim

Anonymous –  (July 13, 2010 at 7:47 AM)  

wow! yummy treats and fun decor!

Lili (July 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM)  

i love the hanging cookie cutters and mason jars! adorable theme!

Jillian (July 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM)  

What a beautiful and creative party! I love all the details and I especially want to eat the rice crispie treats! I'm founder of www.catchmyparty.com and would love to feature your party on our homepage in our Party of the Day. Please email me if you are interested. My email address is jillian@catchmyparty.com. Again, great job! Best, Jillian

Honey I'm Home Blog (July 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM)  

Great job on this adorable shower. So clever & creative. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Warmly, Michelle

Bonnie (August 5, 2010 at 8:34 AM)  

adorable... I want to go to a shower like that!

Anonymous –  (August 11, 2010 at 7:58 AM)  

So great to see the results of your shower!!! Absolutely beautiful!! It was a pleasure designing the invitation! Congrats! BTW...I am getting ready to post your party on my blog (:
xo Rebecca

Unknown (August 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM)  

so adorable! I love this theme, who wouldn't?!? I love the milk bottles and tags!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Unknown (August 14, 2010 at 8:29 AM)  

I love all of your ideas...especially, those reusing objects you or someone else already have. The bargain Milk Bottles and mason jars were sweet as well.

Unknown (August 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

fabulous party! I clicked over from Celebrations at Home ... congrats on being featured.

Anonymous –  (August 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM)  

AND i know you have a job and family! How do you do it? I need to send you everything I have that is cute at all. So much better in your hands.

A Blissful Nest (August 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM)  

Great job and SO cute!

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts (August 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM)  

Love the colors and rustic feel!

Sandi (January 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM)  

So cute! I love the old mixer too!

Kendra@My Insanity (January 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM)  

What a cute take on one of my favorite themes! Love the BABY's breath!

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks