Captured

Daddy, Me, Mama & Opa

I have always loved this picture. By no means is it a good picture of anyone so what do I love about it? I love that it was taken at the San Diego Zoo. One of my favorite family destination spots. I love that we always went to the gorilla exhibit and made a fool of ourselves pretending to be gorillas. I love the t-shirt I am wearing and wish I still had it today. I love my mom's camera strap and wish I still had it too today. I would take her sunglasses as well. Makes me double and triple think what I purge. I love that my Opa is captured in a classic Opa kinda way. Bolo tie, good ole Arizona belt buckle and a trucker hat before trucker hats were cool. I love that my Oma, who was taking the picture, didn't bother to have us pose for the picture...so her.
p.s. - I also appreciate the "smirk" on my mom's face since I know her mom is taking the picture. I can almost pretend I know what she is thinking. 






Jenilee (July 14, 2010 at 9:24 AM)  

I love it too! I love how many memories and feelings you can get from just one picture and it sure does make us think about the pictures we take and the items in them! thanks!

Eric B –  (July 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM)  

As our husband I want you to NOT double and triple consider what you "purge". And if it bothers you too much just put it in a pile and let someone else (me) think about what and what not to "purge". You know me! And thanks for the gift ideas via this post.

Diana (July 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM)  

What a wonderful picture and memory! How sweet to remember what all the little details in those old photos mean to us. LOVE yout t-shirt, so cool! Thank you for sharing this with us. Have an awesome day! =)

Anonymous –  (July 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM)  

smirk is a little harsh...but it's probably true ( I say with regret)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments (July 17, 2010 at 7:56 PM)  

Wonderful photo and love to read what you remember of that time.

Blessings & Aloha!
(haha...too funny that you hubby wrote that you NOT consider what you "purge" and let him help you with that! ...this sounds like what my hubby would say :o)

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks