the move



I have always loved this picture. It holds many good memories. Us sitting outside my grandparents home in Tucson, Arizona.
I moved 12 years ago from Tuscaloosa, Alabama where I had spent 2 years serving a church after college, to Phoenix. I had no job, MAYBE $500.00 in the bank account and no car to call my own. What was it...foolish? brave? I like to think the mountains were simply calling. 
I discovered my desire to be in the the desert as a kid. Really, it was when I realized that a dry heat meant no humidity and that equaled my hair staying curled. Vain, I know - but it sparked my love. 
My time here has been filled with many incredible mountain top experiences as well as times wandering in a dry dry desert wondering where the manna was. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I have grown from lessons learned. And I am proud of the person I have become and am still becoming.
Through it all God has been a God of love. Holding my hand along the journey. 
I look forward to the adventure that remains ahead.

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 

   Love never gives up. 
   Love cares more for others than for self. 
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. 
   Love doesn't strut, 
   Doesn't have a swelled head, 
   Doesn't force itself on others, 
   Isn't always "me first," 
   Doesn't fly off the handle, 
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, 
   Doesn't revel when others grovel, 
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, 
   Puts up with anything, 
   Trusts God always, 
   Always looks for the best, 
   Never looks back, 
   But keeps going to the end.
1st Corinthians 13



Janet Rose (August 25, 2010 at 9:34 AM)  

Beautiful blog! Stopping by via "Wednesday's Walk".

Veronica (August 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM)  

Just stopping by to say thanks for the comment tonight! Saw you're in AZ and I'm in CA! My Hubby has family in Phoenix but you'll never catch me there. The heat would kill me! :)

Holly (August 26, 2010 at 2:43 AM)  

It's been about 8 yrs since I've been to Arizona. It's a lovely place and the dry heat is nice! I def like that there is no humidity like here in Ohio!!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments (August 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM)  

Great photo and lovely memories... God's beauty is truly everywhere...ah! yes! I remember the dry heat of my high school days in New Mexico...(where I met my hubby of now 28+ years)...to the hot, humid heat of Georgia (where we are currently living)...And all the other places the military has taken us... we have loved every place we have lived...
Now that our children are grown...hopefully, prayerfully, we will one day live where we can go to the games, recitals, etc of our future grandchildren :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
(Ah! trying to get around still to more Walk Down Memory Lane links!...and it is almost time for the next one! I would love if you get a chance to stop by mine :o)

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks