sewing

imperfectly.

My mom is a fabo seamstress. While I didn't 
appreciate it at the time she always made me adorable ensembles. 
Here are two of my favorites: 

this dress has cute little scotti dogs on it. 
these are both jr. high times. (1987ish)
p.s.those bangs took me HOURS!

I can sew. And I want to be able to show my kids the same care my mom showed me. But what I have come to realize is that there is a certain precision about sewing full outfits that you can't escape if you want it to actually fit. I may be a perfectionist but I am not a precision person. I more enjoy the "art" of tweaking things.  Therefore embellishing and I get along great!
A few fun creations as of late.
for my little pumpkins 
for my little acorns 
my little man
What I enjoy the most is that I can call the off stitches part of "the look". But, the part that makes my heart happy is how excited Renn gets when I show him I made shirt just for him. Seriously, he thinks it is super special. I need to cherish it as I can guarantee it won't be happening when he is in 8th grade. Sewing imperfectly, so fun!  


take a walk...


Grace~The Mommy On the Bus (October 13, 2010 at 8:08 AM)  

Oh, I wish I could sew! What a neat legacy your mom left! Beautiful work!

Visiting from Wed's Walk!

Jenilee (October 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM)  

I wish I could do that! I'm sure I could if I sat down and took the time :) My mom sews too and we were often wearing her creations! :)

jamers (October 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM)  

How cute!

Melanie Eccles (October 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM)  

I LOVE those embellishments! I can stitch on a button but that's about it. I have hopes of doing similar beautifications to my future kids' clothes.

I'm definitely going to be following! :)
blessings!
Melanie

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks