Tis the Season

for decorating even more!
Since my house looks like a craft store EXPLODED in it I thought I would dedicate Tuesdays to the world of Christmas transformations. 
So Treasure Trove Tuesdays is going on a break but if I come across amazing links I promise to still share. 
The decorating process has begun at my house. First up was the entry way. 
BEFORE:
NOW:
I was going for a white and silver scheme with a vintage feel. Nothing was bought. I simply gathered things from around the house or things that were used in various places during the Christmas season. 
DETAILS:

The window got snowflakes. They never had a proper home during Christmas and now they have found one. 
Picture frames of the family and candle sticks gathered from various parts of the house.
The "B" was supposed to be used at our December wedding and didn't make the cut. Now it gets to be seen. 
$2.00 Goodwill table cloth that I have plans for later. It works here for now.
A special ornament from my mama. 
Don't even remember buying this but it works!
Sweet Avery in the background. A bird door stopper that was hanging out in my laundry room. 
This is the only part of my house that will look like this. The rest of it has exploded in plaid. Hey, I was a 80's kid I can't help it! Hope your holiday decorating is going well! Enjoy! 


Holiday_Home_Button_Layla.jpg
The Lettered Cottage

DanielleisNesting (November 30, 2010 at 8:20 AM)  

Loving the frame with the snowflakes! It's all gorgeous!

Michaela (December 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM)  

I love the snowflakes! I don't have a fire place either...gotta creative sometimes! Great job (:

Jennifer (December 2, 2010 at 1:39 PM)  

I have a window similar to that...very creative way to decorate. Love it!

Jan @ BellaCasa (December 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM)  

Thanks for adding your decorating flare to BellaCasa's 2010 Mantel Holiday Party this year! Do hope you will return and visit as time allows you to do so.

Happy Holidays!
Jan @ BellaCasa

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks