where we were

in 2008 (originally posted in Dec 2008)

When I was single people would ask "Do you want kids?". I always thought it was their polite way of asking if I wanted to be married AND reminding me that I wasn't getting any younger. After I got married the question became "When are you going to have kids?" Now, after Renn has arrived the question has become "Are you going to have another baby?" Because I feel that I have to answer the question (and for some reason not truthfully) I have developed many answers.
Answer 1: I was so miserable during pregnancy I just don't think I could go through that again.
Answer 2: I really can't imagine recovering from another c-section. I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Even my childhood nemesis Francesca Shepherd...
Answer 3: I am too old!
Answer 4: Maybe we will adopt one day...
But, the real answer is that I simply don't want to think about another baby because I just want to enjoy the baby I have now! I want to enjoy Renn as he is right now, tomorrow and the next day to the very fullest without wondering what else might be ahead. I hope there is nothing wrong in that? If a sibling comes for Renn I am certain it would be amazing, but the truth is I am perfectly content with our little tree frog...he is a daily reminder of God's unconditional love for you and me.
us now: 
and for the record it is amazing!


got a lazy blog you want t post? link up here:

Lazy Wednesday's Walk

Stacey (December 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM)  

Very sweet post. :)

The Lazy Mom
www.imalazymom.com

Amy (December 15, 2010 at 5:25 PM)  

What a beautiful photo. What I heard you saying was that you wanted to be content where you were. Contentment is a blessing and enjoying a baby sweet joy!

Amy @ Missional Mama

Jenilee (December 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM)  

awe! I love this! some of those things are all in God's timing! and His timing is perfect. You family picture is adorable. thanks for linking up this post!

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks