dream BIG: week seven

Time to tackle my favorite subject (not!) in our dream BIG series. FACING YOUR FEARS!
I continue to dive in and out of Kelly Rae Roberts book Taking Flight and am loving each minute. 

Let's jump right in. 
True or False?
Pg 29 "Fears, with their persuading voices, try to sabotage our creative dreams"
TRUE! but

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).


The amount of scripture to help us battle our fears is like the ability to have armor from head to toe. Dive in and find your favorite to claim as your own when those fears wiggle in. Biblegateway.com is a great online resource. 

"Our fears are the perfect counterpart to our whispers. Our whispers say, "Go for it. You are enough." But our fears fight back with , "You're not strong enough" or "You'll never be as talented as so and so." 
WOW! Does this quote from Kelly meet me where I am at. Every day I battle this conversation in my head about Cravings. I am thankful for the way God uses others to encourage me exactly when I can't stand it any more and I am thankful for the way He is PUSHING me to tackle the voices that want to beat me up and knock me down. FEARS!!! You will NOT win! Do you hear me? 


con't p 29 "Sometimes, we just need to sit with them (our fears) for a while, face their direction, take notice, then take action" 
I told a friend, who happens to be in the midst of dreaming BIG herself, that I feel like a fourth grader who is looking over the fence at the 5th grade girls playing four square and I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to play but I am not invited.
As I begin the process of developing  a marketing plan for Cravings I am discovering this amazing network of woman in the same "business". I want to know them, be friends with them, learn from them. But how in the world do I make that happen? Will they want to play with me? Am I capable of hanging in their league? All I hear are the FEARS talking back to me. I could slink away always wondering. Or I could stare them down and take action!  I realize I will never know unless I try. So my ACTION item is to send each of them a "nice to meet you" email. Or maybe it is like Texas sorority rush and I can bribe them with big tins of popcorn? What? Not gonna work? The point is what will it hurt? Maybe nothing will come of the gesture but maybe a door will open and I will here the words "Welcome, come on in and play!"
"I would rather risk all for God and come up short than never make an attempt at all. " Wayne Cordeiro

Question: What fear are you sitting with right now?

Ginger (March 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM)  

I'm always camped out in the comparison game... "but what if I can't do it like her?" "SHE made her dreams happen in less than 6 months, I can't do that!" Thanks for the reminder to sit with all that is whirling inside of me - and then cut it off with truth. My story... your story... they won't be the same as their stories... and that's a good thing. :) Dream on!

Amanda (March 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM)  

Raising my girl! (my oldest) It's been hard. Really hard some days. I feel afraid sometimes when I lose sight of God's sovereignty and His Spirit and His presence in my life, her life, and in parenting. I tend to "do life apart from Him" in parenting alot of days. Not a great plan:) My hubby is good to bring me back to a healthy perspective...the big picture...and I see that when praying specifically for her is a must...for my fears rise when I'm not in constant contact with Him...regarding most everything:)

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks