Keyes and no I don't mean keys.



My brother.
My baby baby brother is getting married. It is no surprise. He has been dating the lovely Kim for close to 10 years. But, to have him call me and sound absolutely giddy that he is getting married was a special moment. Because we are ten years a part we actually haven't had a ton of time together since I left for college when he was eight.
But, my brother is precious to me. I remember the day clearly I learned he was coming into the world. Yes, it is true I cried tears of saddness...at first. I remember the day he was born and making his a smily face poster to greet him when he came home from the hospital. I remember checking on him constantly to make sure he was breathing and waking up with my mom in the middle of the night for feedings. I remember being so sad I  had to start the 4th grade after he was born (my mom was thrillled to get her baby back). I loved our trips to Disney World, Callaway Gardens, Clara and Rays and watching him learn to ride a go-cart.
As he got older I loved being greeted when I came home from school with his art work and getting to watch him be adventurous outside. I especially had a blast watching him play lacrosse.
I have prayed for his life always as I know with a few moves to various states he has gone through plenty of ups and downs. I was always wishing I could be closer or more in touch to support him through the tough times. And as he has made the journey of life I have watched him struggle with defining his gifts and talents and channel them into a vocation - but I continue to hope that he reaches for the stars and trusts that he is capable of anything.
I will pray for his soon to be marriage daily and I look forward to finding ways to support and encourage him and Kim as they dive into this phase of life. Loving you, Keyes Wright Clemons!


* Wednesday's Walk is when you take a walk down memory lane and blog about a favorite memory, old pictures and pre-blog events. Joing the fun!

Jenilee (July 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM)  

thanks for joining in today! It's so nice to visit your blog today! and what a wonderful memory to link up. congrats to your family! love that first picture. :)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries (July 7, 2010 at 3:28 PM)  

Wow! I wrote about my baby brother today too! And, I promise...I had not read your post, yet!! My baby brother is now a dad...sigh...

Blessings to you...

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments (July 7, 2010 at 8:10 PM)  

AW! Wonderful photos! I'm 11 years older than my "baby" brother! and 20 yrs older than my "baby" sister! I have written past posts about both of them. How funny though, that I have the link to my brother's post on this week's post...since my walk down Memory Lane was about the place we lived at when he was born.

Congratulations to your brother's future marriage :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Diana (July 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM)  

Well, congratulations to your brother! 10 years dating, wow! And that photo of you holding him is so adorable. Thank you for sharing such a sweet special memory with us. Blessings to your family! =)

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks