An Anniversary.

The Proposal
Four years ago this past week I was asked the best question ever!
WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Our Story
We were headed to San Diego for the weekend. I will admit I was hoping the proposal was coming. But, as he told me about our plans for the weekend I was thinking this was going to be a big fat "NOT". He said Saturday we were going to Sea World with his sister and her then boyfriend(now husband). Didn't exactly picture Sea World as the "right spot".    

He said after Sea World we were going to go hang out at the cliffs and get sandwiches from his favorite spot. Ooo..ooo that provided a glimmer of hope but again sister & co. were joining us."Really?!?" is what I was thinking.Despite feeling at bit disappointed the sunset definitely was beautiful. 

And as the sun began to set Eric asked his sister to snap a picture of us with the sun setting in the background.

All I remember after that point is that Eric rapidly swooped to his knee and my heart began to pitter patter. 

The question was asked "Will you marry me?"

And the answer was without a shadow of a doubt "YES!"

Happy happy day!



love love love MY mr. bailey!
p.s. - I have a fun giveaway going on. Details here.
Ends Thursday.  






Ginger (August 31, 2010 at 9:40 PM)  

Love all the pics!!

Linda (August 31, 2010 at 11:37 PM)  

Awww that turned out to be a romantic proposal after all! I love the ocean and the sunset in the background too.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments (September 1, 2010 at 3:58 AM)  

Awwww! What a picture perfect proposal :o) Happy Anniversary!

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you for stopping by! Yes, our Hawaiian luau his family was wonderful...since none of his family was able to travel to Wisconsin where we got married (where my dad is from and family moved to after retiring from the Air Force)...it was a big family "reunion" time when we went to my hubby's family afterwards... lots of his family and friends...his grandfather is one of 22 kids! haha

Jenilee (September 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM)  

I can feel the love! :) especially between your post and mine! :) so fun and great pictures of your special day. we don't have any of our engagement... I wish we did!

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks