one old shirt

in a new way!

This was my "go to" shirt for Renn last Fall (look how little he was). I loved it because it was fallish without being overly cutesy. When I went to gather up the clothes he had outgrown I just couldn't hand this one down. So, I kept it not knowing exactly what I would do with it. THEN it hit me! Matching shirts for the kids. 

They turned out pretty cute. I can't wait to have them worn at a pumpkin patch. Excuse the iphone pictures. 


As excited as I was about the shirts I still wasn't able to let go of the scraps soooooo...I decided to add them to a wreath!
A Fall wreath for the front door. There are so many wreath ideas out there that I "heart" but I needed something super simple so I added a few strips of the shirt to this grapevine wreath I already had and added a "B" I had painted to be on the rustic side of life. 

I am thrilled to have this shirt living on in new ways this Fall at the Bailey home. 


 The DIY Show Off
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!





 

natalie hearn –  (October 11, 2010 at 8:00 AM)  

Love, love, love it!

Erin (October 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM)  

I double love, love, love it! I really want to make a wreath now!

Tony (October 11, 2010 at 6:30 PM)  

those turned out perfectly! i love that the wreath is oval, and that shirt was just so perfect for these!

Kimra
http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

Tucker –  (October 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM)  

love the shirts!

Dorothy (October 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

What an awesome idea. Wish I had thought to save my favorite dress shirt of my son's when he was younger. Came over from Tatertots and Jello. Happy weekend.

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks