a very blonde

me. 

For my birthday last week a college bestie decide to post on facebook a "good ole day" picture (this is the original from my scrapbook). And boy did it bring back memories. 
Andrea and I had only known each other a few weeks here (Sept. 1992). We are on our way to our first formal fraternity party with boys we had only known for days but of course we thought they were the love of our life!I honestly don't remember many details from that night but I remember it being fun. Dinner out with a large group of new friends, feeling independent, dancing the night away and I am certain there was some drama. 
There are so many memories packed into those four years of college. It is hard to believe that 18 years have passed since this picture. We are both married (not to the boys from the above event) with two kiddos that are of course cuties. 
I am thankful for the past. The things it has taught me, the ways it has pushed me and the memories it provides. Back then I never imagined the life I have now but I can without a shadow of doubt say I am thankful. Very, very, thankful!



join the walk...



Linda (October 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM)  

So glad you have a wonderful married life, and that both of you girls can share your college memories... and also be thankful for all that God has given both of you.

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus (October 6, 2010 at 8:25 AM)  

I'm thankful for the past too! What a good post!

Visiting from Wed's Walk!

Jenilee (October 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM)  

isn't is amazing how time flies! 18 years seems like forever but I know for me, it really isn't that long! enjoyed reading your memory today!

Diana (October 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM)  

Ohhhh, you both look lovely! What a fun night that must have been for all of you. My, how the time does pass so quickly... but the minutes we live are our memories forever. Thank you for sharing with us for WW. ♥

Heather (October 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM)  

Isn't it fun to look back on "school days?" :-) I can't say I have too far to look back though since I've only been out of high school for 8 years but still it seems so long ago since I've been married a little over 5 now and have an almost 2 year old! :)

Andrea (October 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM)  

Ah, yes! Those were the days. I don't even remember where we went, but I know I had fun because I was with you! Love ya always!

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks