welcome

kid style. 

October was the month of visitors at our house. It was also the month I got my Cricut machine (woot!woot!). Which of course I needed to practice with. 
I decided to make a fun little welcome sign to greet our guests. And in an effort to re.create I decided to recycle some of Renn's precious artwork for the project. 
Renn's art. Excuse my poor lighting. 
I love to do art with Renn but there comes a point that you can only hang so many kid paintings on the fridge. So I decided to use his sweet paintings on lunch bags as the splash of color on the welcome sign. 
The cricut goes to work.   
 
I got to use my twine from the twinery 
which I was super excited about. 
I wasn't a fan of the hole punches showing so I decided to add some flowers with buttons embellishments. 

Pretty fun, huh? I can't wait to continue to use his art work in creative ways. 

The DIY Show Off


The Girl Creative


handmade projects





Erin (November 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM)  

I totally love this idea! My son LOVES to paint...I have several stacks of his art...and have just been thinking about creating a Thanksgiving banner...now I know what to use! Thanks so much for sharing. Found you thru the Creative Girl party

Aiming4Simple (November 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM)  

Looks beautiful! I should let my kids paint more often. Ball point pens would not offer the same decorative touch I'm afraid.

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks