all a flutter

for a flower. 


I know Avery's 1st birthday is in February but I can't stop dreaming about it.The decor is going to be lots of burlap, lace and milk glass. After figuring out last week how to make the fabric flowers I adventured into the world of burlap and here is what I got.
Using a 20 inch gathered strip of burlap along with a 60 inch strip of gather lace from a goodwill curtain I was able to make the flower. 
To put it all together I only needed a few items I had hanging around the house. Skewer that I wrapped in raffia, empty circular container that I wrapped in dusty rose paper
and ribbon I had left over from our wedding four years ago. 
And then of course there is the glue gun that burns your fingerprints off. 
Since the theme for the party is a butterfly garden I added a butterfly punch along with the button. 
I am really happy with it and can't wait to use it as the inspiration that carries throughout the party. 

Link ups:
 
freckled laundry





Brenda Pruitt (November 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM)  

I love this idea! Isn't it wonderful the creations that are being made with burlap and lace and simple materials? This one is a keeper! I may be stealing it from you.
Brenda

Unknown (November 20, 2010 at 2:43 PM)  

I love the burlap and lace look on this flower. Great job!

Visiting from Finding Fabulous

Erin (November 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM)  

It's simply perfection...

Unknown (December 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM)  

Sooo sweet. I love it. Thank you for linking with air your laundry friday. Party resumes tomorrow!

xoxo,
Jami

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks