tablecloth becomes a hoodie

just in time for Christmas. 
I have never made a fabric flower. The gathering process intimidated me. But, I met my fear in the face this weekend and now I am ready to rock n roll. 

Using a tablecloth that has been shoved in a drawer forever. 
I cut a 60 inch strip along with a 60 inch strip of tulle left over from this project
I lined them up and did a gathering stitch. 
sorry for blur
Then I pulled the bobbin thread gathering it all up.
Then you just start glue gunning it in a circle motion to a piece of felt.
Then I brought in my clearance hoodie from Target and removed the drawstring. 
I added a strip of the plaid fabric as the drawstring for fun and added a button to the flower. 
ALL DONE!

The Girl Creative

handmade projects

Kathy (November 16, 2010 at 6:29 PM)  

Holy Moly when you decide to attempt a project you do such an amazing job -wow Wishing you would sell these -I love that you made it from a tablecloth

Jaclyn (December 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM)  

Popping in from Centsational Girl's Christmas Craft linky...cute flower! I love it!

Funky Junk Interiors (December 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM)  

This is gorgeous! I love the layers. Simply stunning on the jacket. Wow.

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Valerie (December 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM)  

Great idea, I think i'll try it. It'll help me give my Santa sweaters some rest and still be festive.

Unknown (December 11, 2010 at 6:18 AM)  

how fun and festive!! great project :)

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks