They make a come back...

Tonight I am prepping for Christmas Day brunch. 
This year: Mexican food. 
In making my first batch of Salsa de Colorado for enchiladas I am reminded of this post from January 2008. I was preggers with my first.
Mr. Renn Jackson today!
I grew up in San Antonio, Texas - the capital of Tex-Mex! And I list Mexican as one of my absolute favorite foods. But, the key to this story is that at EVERY Mexican restaurant for my entire life I have ordered a side of beans, a side of guacamole, and an order of corn tortillas. I truly have NEVER had any interest in ordering anything else. But, on January 2nd of 2008 I found myself having a whole new experience. On this day Eric and I went to a fabulous hole in the wall Mexican restaurant with his brother Bobby in Ocean Beach aka OB and it was there that baby boy Bailey introduced me to a whole new food. As I looked over the menu I couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted a cheese enchilada. WHY? Why would I ever want a cheese enchilada? I have never had one in my life - but there was no way I was going to get away with not ordering this foreign dish. So there I sat with my enchilada - along with my side of beans, side of guacamole, and order of corn tortillas. At first I just stared at my plate not really sure what to do. I proceeded to take a bite - sauce and all. And to my surprise it wasn't bad. I didn't finish the whole thing (that's what I have Eric for) but I do want to thank baby Bailey for the latest and greatest food adventure.

got a lazy blog post? Link here:



Lazy Wednesday's Walk

Linda (December 22, 2010 at 2:18 PM)  

I like cheese enchiladas...and I order them all of the time! (:>)

Stacey (December 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM)  

I LOVE cheese enchiladas! Had one yesterday!

Thanks for linking up with Lazy Wed Walk!
The Lazy Mom was here.
www.imalazymom.com

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks