White Chili

is a hit!
I recently made White Chili. It was a hit. People loved it more than the regular stuff including my hubby! Thought I would share. Better made ahead of time. Would be great to have a batch in the freezer for the holidays. 

picture from taste from home. 
Recipe from Cooking Light (with Carey tweaks)
1 lg. onion, chopped
3 zucchini chopped (original recipe calls for bell pepper)
2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I used three spoon fulls of crushed garlic)
1 tbl. spoon oil
2 cans white beans
2 cans blackeye peas (not in original recipe)
3 cups of chicken broth (I used homemade turkey broth I had made after turkey day)
2 teaspoons ground cumin (I didn’t do this – I don’t like cumin)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 cups diced cooked chicken
3 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese (I used fresh Parmesan)
*salt to your taste
I cooked the chicken with olive oil in the soup pot – then added the onion and garlic till it was sauteed.
Add beans, broth, seasonings, veggie and simmer 15-20 minutes. Served topped with grated cheese, salsas, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. Makes 6 servings

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks