Master bedroom makeover FINALLY!

I can say with confidence that I love MOST of the rooms in my house. Sure, there are minor tweaks I would make here and there but what fun would it be to have everything perfect? I can also say with confidence that I have not LOVE LOVED my own bedroom since leaving my floor to ceiling Laura Ashley Castleberry room in my parents house. That was 1992. That is ALMOST 20 years ago people! Eric and I married 4 years ago and had a mis-mash of furniture. Light, dark, antiques, contemporary...there was so much confusion. Before we could fix the problem baby one was on the way and we needed to invest in him not us. Then baby two was on the way and we needed to invest in her not us. Well this year we invested in US and it was so worth it. We went from a room that neither of us would have chosen to hang out in to a room that you have to force us to leave. Eric will be the first to say that he had no idea how great a room can feel when it becomes something you LOVE! 
After turning our former bedspread into our headboard, inheriting an antique from my parents, a trip to TJ Maxx and downtown Glendale's antique district we have a room. Without further adieu our new room: 
BEFORE
AFTER

FORMER BED SPREAD
BECOMES A HEADBOARD

ANTIQUE RADIO FROM MOM AND DAD
MR BAILEY'S SIDE
MY SIDE...notice my dream BIG angel
THE NEW BED SPREAD WITH OUR MARRIED MONOGRAM.
ON SALE FROM POTTERY BARN. 
Gotta go. My room calls. 


Linking with: diy showoff, craftomaniac, Tip Junkie, A Beach Cottage





Ginger (January 17, 2011 at 6:52 AM)  

Love it! I want one!!!!

Meredith (January 21, 2011 at 9:26 AM)  

i love the crazy quilt in any form. as a headboard for sure though. ;) cool girl!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Vintage is for Lovers (January 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM)  

I have a vintage quilt obsession. Never thought to make a headboard. Love it! Thank you for the inspiration! xo Samantha

Jane (January 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM)  

I am working on our bedroom these days. It's not easy to get it just right. Your post is inspiring me to keep going. I want a room that we don't want to leave.

Amanda (March 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM)  

I am in the middle of re-doing mine, too! Actually we are sleeping in the guest bed all week while we paint and put things back together. I need something with some punch above our bed...using a grayish greenish blue paint with chocolate and cream accents...have got to get my thinking cap on!!

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks