Hitting the re-set button.

My journey to project clean-up or Mess Madness (as I like to call it) started a few weeks ago. So far so good! But something unexpected is happening in the process.

"Jerusalem, stand up! Shine! Your new day is dawning. The glory of the LORD shines brightly on you." Isaiah 60:1
My first project was cleaning up from Avery's party. You can't even imagine the amount of STUFF that had piled up from all the crafts.
You see this box? I bought it over ten years ago. It has been my devotional box that sits next to my special over stuffed devotional chair. The box and the chair have been "my spot" for Bible reading, journaling, script writing and more for years. The three of us are incredible friends. But what I discovered in the "put things away" process is that this box was over flowing with party goodies. As I unpacked it I only found one item from my devotional box remaining inside. Bubbles...a devotional box staple in my life.
I sat there staring at the bubbles and the box that had once held all my treasures and was saddened. How had I let this happen? How had ribbons, scissors, punches, tape and more made their home in my special spot? The answer is simple.
I let them.
I let things take over my God space! Hoping I am not alone in this?
All I can say is "whoops" and start NEW! Beating my self up will serve no purpose!
Next came the fun! I re-set the box. Sketch pads, colored pencils, journal, Bible, 2 books I am reading, a cross from a friend, note cards, and my new favorite addition is a photo album I quickly made. It has pictures of families and friends with a page that I can write in my prayers and prayer requests for each of them. I am loving it and it keeps me focused during prayer time. And last but certainly not least BUBBLES (yes, I do blow them in the house if I want :)!
So I have come to realize/recognize that cleaning up my stuff is doing so much more for me than I ever planned! God is super ridiculous cool! It's a new day.
Question:
I am curious if you have a special spot for your quiet time? Do you have a routine to your time or it is new each day?

P.S. - Found this really cool resource for helping you simplify if you are looking for some help in this area.

Ginger (March 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM)  

I keep a pile of books and a container of pens in a pile that seems to travel all over the house... but usually finds its way back to the kitchen table. I'm excited to find a container and reclaim the front room as a reading nook away from the computer and the dishes!

Amanda (March 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM)  

Depends on who is at home! If it's just me, then on the couch in our den, but my crew is here, then in our bedroom in a chair with an ottoman. I have a Bible, pen, journal, and the devotional I love...Jesus Calling. I get a new journal every Christmas, and am enjoying my new fresh one now!

Post a Comment

Joyful Remarks